Study in Silver: I finally settled on a name. Since this is the first silver chandelier I have done I wanted to pay tribute to an artists work when they draw/paint/create something new and call it a ‘study.’ It’s probably why Mr. Wonderful liked it better than the other name contender: Dressed in Crystal.
I am extremely pleased with how this new chandelier is coming along. I decided to do something a little different and picked up a wax metallic finish made by Amaco called Rub and Buff. It gives the piece and antique finish without having to painstakingly apply silver flakes (and without the cost). Although if I come across a highly detailed chandelier, flakes will probably be in order.
Then, on Tuesday, the chandelier was taped, primed, painted silver, and then hung to dry in the garage overnight.
Yesterday morning the metallic finish was applied and then buffed. The candle covers all received a cleaning and were spray painted white to freshen them up.
The crystals I ordered for this chandelier should arrive on Friday. My plan is to make this a rather decadent piece since it has such clean lines. Here are the most recent pics. Incidentally I forgot to put the candle covers back on…but you know what, oh well.
The chandelier after the metallic finish became less reflective but it does have a nice tone to it. Next to come will be pictures with the start of the crystal dressing. It really is going to be phenomenal.